It is crucial that you let the office know if your child is going to be absent from school or if they will be late for any reason. You can inform us in the following ways:
1. Call the office on 09 2389419, select Option 1 and leave a message, stating your child's
name, room number and reason for absence.
2. Email GMills@buckland.school.nz again stating your child's name, room number and
reason for absence.
3. Let your child's classroom teacher know the day before or on the morning of the absence.
For prolonged absences, written notification or an in-person visit is required. Please hand this to the main office, addressed to the principal or email on email@example.com
- If a child arrives after 10.00 a.m. they will be marked as absent for half the day.
- If a child leaves school before 2.00 p.m. they will be marked as absent for half the day.
- Unexplained absences will be marked as truant.